012: Understanding Energy Rates And Solar
- Your baseline allowance corresponds with the lowest rate per kWh. Electricity rates rise progressively as your electricity use reaches the second and third tiers. They also differ slightly from winter to summer.
- In late 2013, California passed a law - Assembly Bill (AB) 327.
- The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) recently voted to approve a new electric rate structure that will be phased in over the next few years scheduled for completion in 2019.
- Average Electric Rates in San Diego are now 25c/kWh. Average Solar Cost is now 16c/kWh, owned (NOT leased), no money down. You do the math then let us know when you are ready to stop being screwed over by Big Energy.
- September 2015: Consolidation from 4 tiers to 3 tiers
- Spring 2016: Consolidation from 3 tiers to 2 tiers
- 2017: 2 tiers + “Super User” electric surcharge
- 2019: Time-of-Use Rates
What's A Super User?
- Term used for people who quadruple the energy usage
- Started this year 2017
- Will be 25% above tier 2
- Small commercial
Posted on 02 Mar 2017
011: La Costa Neighbors Magazine Interview
Today we have as our special guest Kelly Snook who’s the publisher of an exciting new monthly publication called “La Costa Neighbors.” This is an exclusive publication sent monthly to only the affluent community of homeowners in La Costa, CA. Increase Clean Energy, our partner company, is running a ½ page add and will have an anchor position each and every month starting in February 2017.
Kelly talks about why “La Costa Neighbors” has such great excitement behind it and talks about some of the hurdles they’ve faced getting started? What benefits should homeowners expect to see from La Costa Neighbors Magazine? Listen in and find out!
Posted on 17 Jan 2017
010: Interview With Eddie Alberton From Renew Financial - CalFirst
We interview Eddie Alberton as he speaks of his solar company "Maui Solar Project", Renew Financial and all the benefits it’s bringing to the community.
Renew Financial specializes in innovative financing solutions for energy efficiency, renewable energy, water-saving, and resiliency projects. We have led the way in creating new financing approaches for the clean energy economy, such as Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing. Our robust and flexible financing options help property owners save resources and money while strengthening local economies and supporting communities in reaching energy and water conservation goals.
Posted on 10 Jan 2017
009: Groundwork SD - Energize Our Future Interview
Your Sustainable Future interviews Adria Fox of Urban Alchemy 360 to discuss upcoming project “Energizing Our Future” with Groundwork San Diego. Groundwork San Diego-Chollas Creek strives to bring about the sustained regeneration, improvement and management of the physical environment through the development of community-based partnerships which empower people, businesses and organizations to promote environmental, economic and social well-being.
Posted on 06 Jan 2017
008: Solar Backpacks Interview
Today’s episode was fantastic with owner and founder Dave of HiTechNinja. We discussed how he is bringing sustainability to the field with Solar Powered Backpacks.
YOU have a passion, skill or talent that you devote yourself to. If you are into hiking or biking, then you are a Hiking Ninja or Biking Ninja!
What Kind of Ninja are you?
nin·ja (ˈninjə/ noun): "a person who excels in a particular skill or activity."
Associated with: Stealth, Diversity, Strategic Knowledge, Diligence, Bravery. Syn: Champion, Strategist, Gladiator, Fighter, Warrior.
Posted on 30 Dec 2016
Author: Tony Dorgan and Derek Patterson
29 Mar 2017
Connect with Us